Materials prepared by Oksana Demchyna
According to DTEK, in Kyiv region, on October 18 electricity supply was restored for 2,108 families.
- As Bogdan Rzhonca, the member of the European Parliament from Poland, said in an interview with Polska Agencja Prasowa, the European Parliament approved the request to include the debate on the recognition of Russia as a state-sponsor of terrorism in the agenda of the plenary sessions,.
- The South Air Command reports that at night October 17-18, five kamikaze drones of Shahed-136 type were shot down over Mykolaiv region.
- The General Staff informs that the Armed Forces of Ukraine repelled the attacks of the Russian invaders in the settlements areas of Berestove, Oghirtseve of Kharkiv region, Bakhmutske, Ivangrad, Klishchiivka, Novokalynove, Pervomaiske and Maryinka of Donetsk region, Bilogorivka of Luhansk region.
- Air Force reported that the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a Russian Su-25 in Kherson region.
- Relying on the information provided by the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the UN Commission, based on the results of its work in the de-occupied territories of the northern and eastern regions of Ukraine, stated that it had recorded signs of war crimes and other violations.
- Bloomberg informs that NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that the Alliance plans to provide Ukraine with hundreds of stations to combat drones in the coming days.
- According to a statement published on the website of the parliament of Ukraine, the parliament of Estonia declared Russia a terrorist regime.
- Dzerkalo Tyzhnia reports that Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted in the first reading amendments to the Law “On Citizenship of Ukraine”, which introduces a mandatory exam on the Ukrainian language, history of Ukraine and knowledge of the Constitution of Ukraine for persons who want to obtain Ukrainian citizenship.
- As Ursula von der Leyen, the President of the EC, said, the European Commission is allocating 2 billion EUR to Ukraine, and will allocate even more by the end of the year.
- The website of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources Protection of Ukraine informs that the ministry created the state-owned online store “DrovaE” to simplify and make it convenient for Ukrainians to buy firewood.
Ukrainian Women’s Guard
Donate to Ukrainian Women’s Guard PayPal mail: [email protected]
Subscribe to our channels and pages: